"First Seal: The Conqueror
Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.
Second Seal: Conflict on Earth
When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.” Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.
Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth
When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”
Fourth Seal: Widespread Death on Earth
When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. September 7, 2014:
The Seals Are Broken, Part 1 - Dr. Danny Forshee - September 7, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Seal One (White Horse) (vv. 1-2)
- The Beast before people know he's the beast.
- Seal Two (Red Horse) (vv. 3-4)
- War and Bloodshed.
- War, like it or not, will continue to be with us until the end of this age.
- Seal Three (Black Horse) (vv. 5-6)
- One day's food for a full day's wage.
- Seal Four (Pale Horse) (vv. 7-8)
- Events that have yet to take place.
- Has one-fourth of the Earth's population been killed in a short period of time at any point in history to this point?!?
- The bubonic plague doesn't count, it only killed 1/4 of the European Population.
- We can, and should, pray for God to save but eventually God will HAVE to judge.
- "God doesn't smile" at sexual immorality.
- Famine ALWAYS follows war.
- Not too many preachers in America will preach on Revelation 6.
- It's NOT gonna be ok; it'll be ok if you know Christ, but otherwise it won't be.
- You'll either know Him as your friend and savior; otherwise, one day, you'll know Him as your Judge.