The Prayer in the Garden36 Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.” 37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. 38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
- The last 24 hours of Jesus' life were the darkest in the history of the world.
- "Before the triumph, before the crown, before the Kingdom, before the victory, there had to come the suffering, there had to come the Cross."
- Many times in scripture you find Christ praying all night.
- "Christ wasn't killed by Rome or Israel, the Bible tells us Christ was crucified by you and me; my sins and yours crucified Christ."
- The physical cross weighed 250 pounds.
- Have you helped carry the cross?!?
- Only Jesus could present a sacrifice pleasing to God.
- Moses had to stand alone; Elijah on Mount Carmel had to stand alone.
- The loneliness of character vs. the loneliness of Sin.
- Thousands of our mental problems are the result of spiritual separation from God.
- Rejecting Jesus is the one unpardonable sin.