7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Today is the National Day of Prayer. Ten days ago, Pastor Danny delivered this message on how prayer works and what prayer can accomplish:
- You can do many things after you pray, but nothing before.
- The importance of making petition to God.
- If Jesus, who was perfect, poured out his heart in prayer, what does that mean for us?!?
- Pastor Danny prays for at least an hour each day.
- "I have yet to see God do a demonstrative, palpable, powerful work among His people unless His people ask for it."
- God ALWAYS answers prayers.
- God commands us: ask, seek Me.
- "We're not bothering God."
- James 4:2 -- You do not have because you do not ask.
- Ask God to answer your prayer in His way!
- Some of our prayers aren't answered because we're not walking with the Lord.
- The greater part of prayer is not the answer, but the byproduct of intimacy with Christ.
- The more you talk to God in prayer, the more it changes your life.
- Start tracking answered prayers.