Last night, we attended AFP-Texas' "Obamascare" event in Austin. The night began with an informative discussion with John Davidson of the Texas Public Policy Foundation and Beto Gonzales of the Libre Initiative. They were followed by Tony Katz of Townhall.com.
The highlight of the night, however, was Dana Loesch; here are her remarks in full:
- She's moving to Texas "before Christmas."
- Her cousin and a good friend were recently diagnosed with breast cancer and have lost coverage due to Obamacare.
- There's a leading-edge cancer treatment center in St. Louis that will no longer accept Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield customers because of Obamacare.
- If Jay Carney wants to call that anecdotal, he can come to St. Louis and "say that to my cancer survivor friend's face."
- She knows how progressives work because "I used to be one of them."
- "It's really easy to be generous with someone else's money."
- Her Ob/Gyn is leaving the practice because of Obamacare.
- "Now I'm looking for a new ladydoc."
- The most spiteful thing you can do to a progressive is to convert them!
- "My 28 year old, male, single, radio producer now has to get maternity coverage."
- Obamacare is a Ponzi scheme.