He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.
Crissy Moran, an ex-porn star who came to faith in Christ in 2006, sits down with Mark Driscoll in this 2012 video we discovered this morning:
- First molested at age 4.
- Her parents split when she was 13.
- Father was a Pastor who became an alcoholic and abused her Mom
- "Almost all" women in the industry were sexually abused as young girls.
- Got pregnant at 17 and her Mom forced her to have an abortion.
- Went through with it out of a "sense of obligation" to her mother.
- "It broke my heart and I had nightmares for a really long time."
- She was engaged to a guy who was addicted to Porn and told him: "One day I'm going to be the girl you look at all the time."
- She bought her own wedding dress
- "I sunk into depression" between shoots.
- "I had all these people telling me I was beautiful and I'd never had that before."
- During a shoot: "You feel like you're floating, like you're not really there."
- 'Boyfriend' she 'dated' for 3 1/2 years: "Raped me all the time."
- "He kept getting me pregnant and I had multiple abortions and I don't even know how many."
- One night she cried out to the Lord, a few days later a guy she'd never met witnessed to her.
- Immeadiately, he took her to pray and she re-dedicated her life.
- She ditched the 'boyfriend' that night.
- "Nobody feels sorry for the Porn Star."
- "From where I am in my life, I just want to walk with Him."
- Jesus is "the first man who's ever treated me well."
- "My walk with God was very, very, very hard."