"There is desirable treasure,
And oil in the dwelling of the wise,
But a foolish man squanders it."
Austin City Hall -- The Travis County Taxpayers Union held a press conference this morning to discuss a better alternative to the current proposed playground for 1200 rich downtown lawyers:
- Travis County never seriously considered other alternatives.
- The only way to produce an alternative is to defeat this bond.
- "Bonds equal taxes, bonds equal rent increases."
- Travis County lying about the size of the tax increase.
- County figures doesn't included NON-VOTER APPROVED debt county used to "purchase" current proposed site.
- Building on the East Side would cost 25-50% less.
- Surface parking vs underground parking alone.
- East side location more accessible to county's poorest residents than downtown.
- East Austin has been promised various public facilities for five decades, it's time to deliver.