Reaping the Earth’s Harvest
Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.
Reaping the Grapes of Wrath
Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, “Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe.” So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses’ bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. May 17, 2015:
The Time Has Come - Dr. Danny Forshee - May 17, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- The Grain Harvest (vv. 14-16)
- Daniel 7:13-14
- Joel 3:13
- John 10:17-18
- Philippians 2:7-8
- The Grape Harvest (vv. 17-20)
- I am just so excited about the Lord's return.
- When Jesus comes, it is going to be a day of reckoning.
- You see the wrath of God poured out on sinful man.
- We are past needing Judgement but God continues extending GRACE.
- Whenever you come across a text like this you have two choices: Believe it or don't believe it.
- The Jesus of the Gospels is the same Jesus as the Jesus of the apocalypse.
- I know you don't want to hear it but, in Jesus' name, listen to me...either you repent or you go to hell and you will have no one to blame except yourself.
- 70 to 80% of men in the Church watch pornography.
- Either your sins will be paid by Jesus on the cross or by yourself in hell.
- "I don't want to go to hell, I want to go to Jesus."
- The person behind all of this is God.
- "It's not that He's not speaking, it's that we're not listening...and we have only ourselves to blame."
- "Just come, Lord Jesus, come."
- "I hope that you know Him."
- "God, please forgive us."
- "God, come what may...help us endure afflictions."
- "Some of our people, Lord, need to get right with you."