"Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth.”
First Bowl: Loathsome Sores
So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.
Second Bowl: The Sea Turns to Blood
Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.
Third Bowl: The Waters Turn to Blood
Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying:
“You are righteous, O Lord,
The One who is and who was and who is to be,
Because You have judged these things.
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
And You have given them blood to drink.
For[d] it is their just due.”
And I heard another from the altar saying, “Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.”
Fourth Bowl: Men Are Scorched
Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. June 14, 2915:
The Bowl Judgments, Part 1 - Dr. Danny Forshee - June 14, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- The First Plague: Painful Sores (v. 2)
- For everyone who takes the mark of the beast.
- Sixth Plague in Exodus.
- The Second Plague: Seas iuto Blood (v. 3)- Genesis 1:21
- The Second of each round of judgement deals with blood.
- Hard, crusted, coagulated matter.
- Chemically speaking, sea water is very similar to blood.
- Produces economic collapse when you can't transport goods.
- The Third Plague: Waters to Blood (vv. 4-7)
- The Fourth Plague: Scortching Heat (vv. 8-9)
- Isaiah 24:4-6
- Water cycles will change dramatically.
- Massive Global coastal Tsunamis
- Anything that has a modicum of greatness comes at a great price.
- Sin is ALWAYS judged.
- Choice is whether Jesus takes it or you do.
- "I would rather have Jesus take on my sin than bear it myself."
- God's first desire is always Mercy.
- "The more we reject Him, the more defiant and recalcitrant we become."
- Because God the Father said no to God the Son, He says an eternal YES to His children.
- God's default position is always to bless, but when we reject those blessings we suffer."
- God will always do that which is just.
- If you think sexual sin is bad today, it's nothing compared to what it's going to be in those days.