The Scarlet Woman and the Scarlet Beast
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.
I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. July 19, 2015:
Religious Babylon - Dr. Danny Forshee - July 19, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- John 16:33
- The Woman (vv. 1-6)
- Jeremiah 51:7
- Discusses Judgement First
- Reckless and immoral behavior
- Amalgamated one world 'religion'
- The Beast (v. 3)
- Behind the persecution.
- The Saints (v. 6)
- She's called the Greek word for 'whore' seven separate times.
- John is more overwhelmed here than at any previous point in the apocalypse.
- Judgement of her sexual immorality will be GREAT.
- 'Fornication' as a spiritual metaphor
- The antichrist will be 'in bed' with this religion.
- Tolerance is king, conviction is a vice.
- Whenever religious authorities get in bed with political authorities, that's not good.
- Author's Note: That means things like state directed churches (like in Russia) or islamic caliphates, NOT Christians running for office.