Last night, I got into a conversation on Facebook about the election. In the discussion, I listed all the elements of Barack Obama's record that he has to defend. Looking over it, it's incredible how much Barack Obama has to defend.
Feel free to keep this post in your back pocket. Anytime you need to refer back to Barack Obama's record, it'll be here.
Under Barack Obama, we've:
- Added 5 trillion dollars in new debt, for the net result of 41 months of unemployment over 8%; and this doesn't even get into the fact that unemployment would be closer to 11% if the administration wasn't cooking the books.
- Passed the largest tax hike in human history to ration health care with the final result being a protection racket for an insurance cartel he's given further protection from competition.
- Passed a corrupt financial regulation law that does nothing to unwind 'too big to fail' but does micromanage every consumer financial transaction in the country.
- Presided over skyrocketing violence on our Southern border and done nothing to stop it except running guns to Mexican Drug Cartels.
- Launched a war on the development of cheap and abundant energy while funneling our money to corrupt green energy companies that everyone knows are a crony capitalist scam.
- Added more Americans to food stamp rolls than ever before.
- Shredded 1000 years of bankruptcy law to to handover private automotive companies to a favored political constituency.
- Failed to Support the Green Movement in Iran.
- Taken a winnable situation in Afghanistan and, through failing to commit sufficient resources to ensure success, turned it into a killing field for our troops.
- Turned a blind-eye (in fairness, this continued a Bush policy) to an angry Jihadist in the U.S. Army who killed 13 people; after incident, covered up FBI report.
- Attempted to bribe a sitting member of Congress to stay out of a U.S. Senate race with a Federal Job.
- Interfered in attempts to end the Gulf Oil Spill in order to advance a radical environmental agenda.
- Squandered our hard-fought victory in Iraq. This hasn't gotten nearly enough coverage in the media. We're going to have to go back.
- HAD OUR CREDIT RATING DOWNGRADED (and have I mentioned he re-appointed Bernanke?!?)
- Passed a Defense Authorization that, even if some of the internet conspiracy theories are untrue, still gives the government waaaaaaaaaay too much leeway to detain citizens without cause.
- Turned a blind-eye (at best) to the ongoing infiltration of the U.S. government by operatives of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Enabled a newly aggressive Russia by caving on missile defense, unilaterally disarming our nuclear weapons, and promising greater flexibility in a second term.
- Lectured Israel to return to the Auschewitz lines.
- Usurped the Constitutional authority of Congress to make recess appointments when Congress wasn't in recess.
- Enacted an abortion mandate, as part of the a fore mentioned Health Care law, that represents one of the greatest assaults on faith in American history.
- Halted Production of a pipeline that would lower energy prices and create tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of jobs.
- Declared an amnesty for selected illegal immigrants that usurps Congresses' legislative authority.
- Leaked crucial National Security information for political purposes; our enemies read this stuff.
- Launched unprecedented Federal Interference in State elections.
- Grounded firefighting planes in the middle of the Colorado Wildfires for no good reason.
- And, by the time November rolls around, Iran could have the bomb.
On the other hand, Obama DID stay out of the Navy Seals' way long enough for them to kill bin Laden, after he made them write a memo covering HIS ass if the mission went bad.
This is the record Obama has to defend. Feel free to refer back to this as you need over the coming months.
In the meantime, PLEASE share this on FB and Twitter.
Update: Feel free to list anything I missed in the comments.