- The attacks against us in Libya were not an isolated incident.
- A larger struggle is playing out across the Middle East.
- The 9/11/12 attacks were committed by folks aligned with the folks who pulled off 9/11/01.
- Iran has never been closer to nukes, more emboldened, or less deterred than it is now.
- Hits Obama had for squandering our victory in Iraq.
- Mitt thinks Turkey is an American ally; it's not.
- FREE TRADE IS A CRITICAL ELEMENT OF OUR STRATEGY.
- The first purpose of a strong military is to prevent war.
- No flexibility for Vladimir Putin.
- Endorses Palestinian State (barf!)
Bottom Line: On the biggest issues of Peace through Strength, Trade, Iran, Russia, and standing up for our friends, Mitt did a really good job. Unfortunately, the strong parts of the speech were mixed in with too much George W. Bush style "freedom agenda" talk. That being said, the strong parts of the speech are solid, and I think, over time, conservatives can disabuse Mitt of the notion that greater 'democracy' (ie. Sharia) in the Middle East is an American interest.