"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness. And your feet shod with the preparation of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Praying always, with all prayer and supplcation in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all persecution and supplication for all saints. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the Gospel. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
- There's spiritual warfare going on around us whether we like it or not.
- We're fighting against the Devil; taking on this fight by ourselves is INSANE!!!
- If you don't have the whole armor of God, you're setting yourself up for failure.
- We know what the big boy can do; God is our clean-up hitter.
- Satan knows your strengths and weaknesses.
- We're not fighting men (ie. Barack Obama), we're fighting spiritual wickedness in high places.
- God is who He says He is and can do infinately more than we can do on our own.