This video from the Texas Association of School Administrators outlines the history and philosophical foundation of CSCOPE:
(Note: After about 20 minutes, the video goes into Q and A, but the questioners aren't miked, so you can't hear them; also, there are two long segments where people in the room are talking amongst themselves.)
- Began in 2006 in response to 'coercive' tactics from the Feds and State Government
- "A new generation of transformed accountability" -- Is it just me or could that sentence have been written by George Orwell?!?
- Instead of traditional testing, "2 incredibly deep and rigorous project based assessments."
- Personal question: Who asked them to 'transform' Texas schools in the first place?!?
- The CSCOPE 'Service Centers' are getting much more involved with rural school districts.
Update: Obviously, Vimeo won't let me embed the video directly, you can watch the whole thing here.