- Began with the Stimulus in 2009.
- $5 billion for 'finance incentive grants'
- Race to the Top
- Thinly concealed bribery for the states.
- Money from Washington ALWAYS comes with strings attached.
- In this case the strings included improving collection and use of data.
- All the usual suspects of bad guys are involved.
- Apollo Alliance/Tides Foundation
- G.E. gave $18 million to Common Core
- Microsoft wants to run the operation.
- Student monitoring from Kindergarten to age 20.
- Act local and statewide.
- Evaluating how to place you for careers at really young ages.
- Personal Note: To me, this whole enterprise reminds me of Brave New World.
- Predictive Testing -- Neuropsychological testing performed by Kindergarten teachers
- Bug the crap out of your local and state legislators
- Educate the Public
- Protect your medical records at all cost!!!