Glenn Beck devoted his entire television program to an expose on CSCOPE today.
First up, David Barton explains the origins of CSCOPE in the Texas Textbook wars of 3-4 years ago:
- Since SBOE monitors curriculum, they call CSCOPE 'instructional material.'
- Teaching globalism, not American Exceptionalism.
- Taking out: Nathan Hale, Liberty Bell, Christopher Columbus' faith.
- Replacing with: Respect and fairness, Dolores Huerta.
- Replacing George Washington with Kay Bailey Hutchinson (yeah, wrap your mind around that one!)
- Emphasis on Contemporary over History.
- Refused to teach abundance alongside scarcity: "The other members considered all resources scarce."
Next, two teachers talk about CSCOPE from the Inside:
- CSCOPE sets up a system where educrats control everything.
- Shocked by the mediocrity of the content.
- Teachers are constantly monitored by educrats.
- Teachers have been fired for speaking out to school boards.
- "There's tremendous coercion."
- Talks about the runaround he's gotten: CSCOPE formed the shell company to hide everything.
- "We don't have the votes" to shut down CSCOPE.
- Apple will probably put CSCOPE out of business.
You can read the Blaze's write-up of this episode here.
Finally, if you don't yet get theBlazeTV, you can get it here.