Last night, at Freedomworks' event in Salt Lake City, Rafael Cruz explained the devastation Fidel Castro wrought in Cuba and the eery similarities he sees between Castro and Barack Obama:
- In the late 1950's, a young and charismatic leader rose up in Cuba chanting 'Hope and Change'; his name was Fidel Castro.
- "In 1959, I went back to Cuba and got the shock of my life; that same man who had been talking about 'Hope and Change' was now talking about how the rich were evil, about how they oppressed the people, and about the need to redistribute the wealth."
- Castro reduced everyone's salary to the lowest common denomenator.
- "Within a few years of graduating from college I had my own business in Oil and Gas exploration."
- In 1976, he was "shocked again" when he saw the U.S. government implementing socialist policies.
- Became very active in Reagan's campaign.
- "There is no place to go, this is the bastion of freedom in the world."
- The creepiest thing Obama has done is his willingness to govern by executive order.
- That's exactly what Castro did
- Author's note: This is the issue on which Ted Cruz sold us on his candidacy.