"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan."
Texas Land and Cattle -- Last night Jay Wiley, who's running against Paul Workman in HD-47 (Western Travis County), spoke to the Central Texas Republican Assembly:
- "Six years of mediocrity is enough."
- Workman: "Lack of enthusiasm for conservative reform."
- The corrupt bargain of 2011: Workman sucked all the Republican leaning precincts in Travis County into his district.
- Workman's scored under a 70 from on every major rating over the past two sessions.
- Workman's raised a bunch of money early.
- Wiley endorses zero-based budgeting, ending property taxes.
- Plans to knock 1000 doors per month.
- To win, you need to flip 2500 votes in the GOP primary.
- "I will not be voting for Speaker Straus."