Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances
I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. September 21, 2014:
The Seals Are Broken, Part 3 - Dr. Danny Forshee - September 21, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- The Devastation of God's Judgement (vv. 12 - 14)
A. A Great Earthquake
B. The Sun is Black
C. The Blood Moon
D. The Stars of Heaven will fall
E. The Sky recedes like a scroll
- The Determination of the Earth Dwellers (vv. 15 - 17)
Romans 8:31, 35, 37
Romans 10:9, 13
- "You will know Him as Judge eventually" if you don't get to know Him as your savior first.
- Those who spit in God's face will eventually face the day of God's wrath.
- You would think people on Earth, as the events of the Tribulation unfold exactly as the Bible says they would, would repent and follow the Bible; but they do the exact opposite.
- You HAVE to face Him. He's everywhere. Whether you like it or not.
- Either the world is right or God is right.
- You will either be saved or you will be damned; "if there was a third way I'd be preaching it."
- "Aren't you glad Jesus Christ took the wrath of God so that we can go eternally scott free?!?"