"The horse is prepared for the day of battle,
But deliverance is of the Lord."
Great game; we don't have the energy for a full write up, but some thoughts:
- The Longhorns did what they needed to do tonight. After last week's upset over Notre Dame, they needed to run up the score against an unranked, non-conference, foe. They did it 41-7.
- Still too many stupid penalties; could have scored 60 with fewer.
- It's insane how many options there are on offense; Warren, both Foreman twins, #21 running back, Burt, Heard, and it continues from there.
- Jerrod Heard in the open field is a sight to behold.
- Tyrone Swoopes is virtually unstoppable in short yardage; beyond that, what a class act for voluntarily accepting a niche position as a Senior.
- Three starters on offensive line were out tonight. 41 points behind a patchwork offensive line. Think about that.
- That being said, three starters being out on o-line didn't phase Shane Buchele in the slightest. Best pocket presence we've seen since Colt McCoy. He reminds us of Joe Montana.
- The defense gets better over the course of the game.
- Speaking of defense, what superlatives don't apply to Malik Jefferson?!? What a beast. We don't know if television does it justice, but he's in the middle of every single play.
- Next week against Cal on the road will tell us a lot.
We didn't get good video tonight, but FWIW....
The Band Entrance:
Longhorns take the field:
Longhorns first touchdown:
Longhorns Third Touchdown:
Longhorns fifth touchdown: