Jesus Testifies to the Churches
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
I Am Coming Quickly
He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. November 29. 2015:
Come, Lord Jesus - Dr. Danny Forshee - November 29, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Identity (vv. 13-16)
A. The Alpha and Omega, First and Last (vv. 12-13, 16)
- Philippians 1:6 -- Be Patient and Confident.
- Isaiah 44:6 -- Besides HIM there is no God.
- Isaiah 48:12
B. The Believers (v. 14)
- "Those who have washed their robes." - Isaiah 64:6 -- All of our 'righteousness' is the equivalent of a used tampon.
C. The Unbelievers (v. 15)
- Dogs and scavenging mongrels.
- Invitation (v. 15)
- Indictment (vv. 18-19)
- Adding to or taking away from God's word
- Imminence (v. 20)
- 2 Peter 3:3-4
- If we never preach the hard texts, we won't appreciate the good texts.
- When the Bible talks about "Dogs" it's NOT a compliment
- Connotation of sexual immorality.
- Person with no sense of Ethics.
- "The day of mercy is NOW."
- God knows everything and offers salvation to everybody...you've just gotta humble yourself before God.
- Just tell everyone about Jesus.
- The Book of Revelation CLOSES the cannon.
- The Apostles and their close associates (ie. Luke and Mark) are dead.
- "Joseph Smith, you're not an apostle."
- "If you add or take away from scripture, your name was never in the Book of Life to begin with."
- All days between Jesus' first and second coming are the last days.
- Hallelujah, what a savior!
- The reason those who end up in hell end up in hell is because they're still clothed in their own garments instead of Jesus' garments.
- God wants us to live as if at any moment, He will come.
- May the Grace of Jesus be with you!
- This may be the last chance you ever get.