"The lips of the righteous feed many,
But fools die for lack of wisdom.
We attended appropriations chairman John Zerwas' trib event this morning. It was the finest form in which we'd seen a Straus lieutenant in some time. Our question about medicaid (to which the headline refers) is the final question in the video:
- Something, something "new sources of revenue."
- Calls Senate budget "austere."
- Note: LOLOLOL....
- "Reasonable" medicaid growth.
- "I don't think anyone wants to go back" to 2011 education budget 'cuts.'
- Personally, we'd like to eliminate socialized education in it's entirety; failing that, we'd love to cut it a LOT further than they went in '11.
- Wants appropriations committee budget vote to be unanimous.
- School finance requires: "undistracted period of time."
- Tacit endorsement of special session.
- Backtracks when he realizes he just endorsed a special session and calls for yet another 'study' during the interim.
- Endorses continued funding of state level border operations.
- Offers qualified praise of Obamacare.
- Repeal must be "very carefully thought out."
- Something, something people who obtained insurance under Obamacare need to be taken care of.
- Tax relief: "Going to be a challenge."
- "We need to fund our schools adequately...meet our responsibilities in Health Care" before tax relief.
- Rainy day fund: "We have to have a conversation" on a raid.
- Supplemental: "Will be out in the near future."
- Calls it a "one time expense" re: RDF.
- On what planet is medicaid not an ongoing expense?!?
- Parental Educational Choice: "I have to support my public school system."
- No "at this time."
- Throws privacy act under the bus.