"As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."
The House Freedom Caucus held their first press conference this afternoon:
- Matt Schaefer
- First principles and the grassroots.
- Coordinating with grassroots.
- Jeff Leach
- 89 days left in session.
- Author's Note: Move we adjourn sine die.
- Life #1 issue -- Support ANY bill that defends preborn babies.
- Matt Krause
- Religious liberty isn't just a Sunday thing.
- Parental rights a guiding principle.
- Defending anonymous political speech.
- Ethics reform.
- Reduce occupational licensing.
- Jonathan Stickland
- Unapologetically supporting constitutional carry.
- No state funding for unconstitutional anti-#2A federal laws.
- Elimination of gun-free zones.
- Matt Rinaldi
- Budget Reform
- Constitutional spending limits
- Eliminate corporate welfare.
- Property tax reform
- Elminate Margins tax
- Parental educational choice.
- Matt Shaheen
- Coordinated and unified with grassroots.
- Already had two conference calls w/ grassroots.
- JoAnn Fleming
- Texas should be leading on Freedom and Liberty.
- Author's Note: LOL
- Grassroots will be "force multiplier" when bills are in calendars.
- Municipal debt subcategory of transparency component.
Bottom Line: Our expectations are low, but this doesn't hurt.