"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord."
On Friday, Morgan Willamson of Empower Texans made a shrewd observation:
[M]any might be shocked to know that on the Fiscal Responsibility Index for the 83rd Texas Legislative Session, Senator Wendy Davis actually out-performed a number of House Republicans when it came to taxpayer issues.Which motivated us to cross-check Morgan's list against Joe Straus Committee Chairs.
You guessed it.
Here's the Damage:
- Byron Cook, 42.0, State Affairs.
- Diane Patrick, 36.7, Higher Ed.
- Drew Darby, 35.7, Redistricting.
- John Otto, 35.5, Ways and Means (Vice-Chair).
- Jim Keffer, 35.3, Energy Resources.
- Lyle Larson, 39.0, Local and Consent.
- Charlie Geren, 37.0, House Administration. (Yeah, THAT Charlie Geren)
- Jimmie Don Aycock, 36.2, Public Education.
- John Zerwas, 25.3, General Investigating and Ethics.
- Bill Callegari, 39.0, Pensions.
- Jim Pitts, 29.7, Appropriations. (Yeah, THAT Jim Pitts)