“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,
‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you."
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. June, 22 2014:
- Identification (v. 7)
C. City (Brotherly Love)
i. Holy One.
- 1 Peter 1:15
iii. Key of David
- Isaiah 22:22
iv. He opens doors and closes doors.
- Commendation (v. 8)
B. Open Door
- Colossians 4:2-3
- 1 Corinthians 16:9
C. Little Strength
- Exaltation (v. 9)
- Jesus has no complaints about the Church at Philadelphia.
- Sometimes God doesn't make sense, but God's smarter than us, so we should obey Him.
- More mistakes are made by speed than sloth.
- Church at Philadelphia probably founded by Paul
- Only one world religion is founded by someone with perfect holiness.
- "People are still hungry for Bible teaching."
- "When Jesus opens a door, you need to walk through it."
- Likewise, when Jesus closes a door, don't try to force it.
- "If God is in it, then guess what: It'll happen!!!"
- "God is attracted to weakness."
- God often bypasses the wealthiest and prettiest because they think they don't need Him.