Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. August 10, 2014:
Heavenly Worship, Part 2 - Dr. Danny Forshee - August 10, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- In and Around the Throne (vv. 6-7)
- Worship to the One on the Throne (vv. 8-11)
A. His Nature -- "Holy, Holy, Holy!!!"
B. His Power
C. HIS Eternity!!!
i. They fall down -- Proper position for the REDEEMED!!!
ii. They WORSHIP!!!
iii. Cast their crowns before the Throne!!!
iv. They sing praise to HIM!!!
- Facts are stubborn things.
- God is going to be WORSHIPED throughout Eternity!!!
- We find our greatest joy and fulfillment when we Worship God!
- 24 elders and four living creatures!
- "Full of Eyes" means they see everything!
- The word "Throne" appears 13 times in ch. 4.
- John is trying to use human language to describe the indescribable.
- They just PRAISE the Lord FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!
- In Heaven, rest isn't necessary!!!
- Many early Church fathers believed the four creatures represent the four gospels.
- Pastor Danny believes they're related to the Seraphim in Ezekiel and Isaiah.
- "Ominous, Amazing Creatures!!!"
- Heaven's not about us; "Heaven, according to scripture, is all about praising God!!!"
- "Worship, in the highest form, ALWAYS entails giving!"
- Are YOU going to be there?!?