After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”
Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. August, 3 2014:
Heavenly Worship, Part 1 - Dr. Danny Forshee - August 3, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Around the Throne (vv. 3-4)
- 2 Timothy 4:8
- 24 = 12 Tribes of Israel + 12 Apostles = Redeemed Humanity
- From the Throne (v. 5)
- Before the Throne (vv. 5-6a)
- 13 references to the Throne of God in ch 4; the Throne connotes the Power and Judgement of God.
- Worship is a lifestyle.
- John pulls back the curtain and allows us to see God's throne room.
- "If you preach the Bible as the Bible is, you are going to be grossly hated by many."
- "We supplant God and His laws and we call that 'freedom'."
- "We are concerned about offending everyone except God."
- Whether you like it or not, God's on the Throne and He's gonna send Judgement.
- "God is a God of Justice."
- Like it or not, Jesus is the only way to God."