Seventh Seal: Prelude to the Seven Trumpets
"When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets. Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand. Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound."
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. October 19, 2014:
- Silence (vv. 1-2)
- Supplications (vv. 3-4)
- Sounds (vv. 5-6)
- Waves of judgement are being poured out upon planet Earth.
- God is on His own timetable: "He's never early and He's never late, He is just right."
- Tells Annise Parker to go pound sand.
- Government officials should be hands off towards the pulpit.
- Can we at least agree there is a fascination with the apocalypse?!?
- God has put eternity on our hearts.
- Sometimes we get so hopped up on God's holiness that we forget God's Love and Mercy.
=> Grace AND Truth
=> Do not fear, God wins.