Fifth Trumpet: The Locusts from the Bottomless Pit
Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.
The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle. They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.
One woe is past. Behold, still two more woes are coming after these things.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. November 30, 2014:
The Fifth Trumpet Judgment - Dr. Danny Forshee - November 30, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Fallen Star (v. 1)
- Angel sent to unleash demons of Hell
- The devil himself
- Isaiah 14:12-15
- Bottomless Pit (vv. 1-2)
- Place of demonic Incarceration
- Luke 8:31
- Harmful Creatures (vv. 3-10)
- Destructive Angel (v. 11)
- Future Judgements (v. 12)
- Ezekiel 33:11
- 3.5 years have passed during the tribulation.
- The determination of man, even in the midst of tremendous hardship, to NOT submit to God; like Pharoh of old, man's heart becomes harder and more stubborn.
- A time when God uses everything, including the devil, to achieve His purposes.
- 12th of the 21 tribulation judgments.
- Surely, if there is a devil in hell, there must be a God in Heaven.
- "I really think Tolken must have read Revelation 9."
- No matter how difficult it gets, God always wins!