Sixth Trumpet: The Angels from the Euphrates
Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind. Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm.
But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. December 14, 2014:
The Sixth Trumpet Judgment - Dr. Danny Forshee - December 14, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Decree (vv. 13-14)
- Genesis 15:18
- Destruction (vv. 15-19)
- Defiance (Author's Note: Idiots) (vv. 20-21)
- 1 Corinthians 10:19-20
- Daniel 5:23
B. Murders (esp. Abortion)
D. Sexual Immorality
- There weren't even 200 million people on Earth when John originally wrote Revelation.
- Illustration of why it describes future events.
- Biblical scholars disagree on whether the 200 million man Army is demonic or human.
- The Devil is an expert at convincing people that what he offers is better than what God has to offer.
- All the forces of history are under God's sovereign control.