"They are deeply corrupted,
As in the days of Gibeah.
He will remember their iniquity;
He will punish their sins."
Remember, two weeks ago, when we pointed out that Joe Straus' local ISD superintendent (a bureaucrat named Kevin Brown) is the current president of the taxpayer funded lobbying group "Texas Association of School Administrators"?!? On a hunch, we sent an open records request for Mr. Brown's employment contract. The following figures are what we could discern from the contract itself, although some of the figures for insurance and professional development would require additional ORR's, so these figures are probably low ball:
- Salary: $249,312 (which the board can raise as they see fit).
- Insurance: "Same medical coverage" as other district employees.
- Expenses: Reimbursed "for reasonable expenses."
- Information Technology Allowance: $300 per month or $3600 per year.
- Retirement: $16,000 per year.
- Car Allowance: $500 per month or $6000 per year.
- Minimum Total Compensation: $274,912 (and, as stated above, that's probably a low-ball figure).
View the contract below (compensation section 3):