All Things Made New
"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. November 8, 2015:
All Things New - Dr. Danny Forshee - November 8, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- No more sea -- The connotation of destruction.
- One last call of the Word of God.
- In Heaven there is no sin or temptation.
- More than anything, we see Jesus; He is Heaven.
- Sometimes we just have to wait until Heaven until we understand.
- You will either go to Heaven or you won't; every soul ever created will either spend eternity with God in Heaven or you WILL spend eternity in hell.
- Anything that usurps the rightful place of God is an idol.