“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
At the end of their confence Friday, Women on the Wall held a press conference to discuss removing common core:
- Sandra Stotsky -- Writers of common core "have had very narrow views they've listened to" and that they should "expand their views."
- James Milgram -- "The language I'm hearing today is exactly the same language I was hearing in California 20 years ago."
- "Already we are starting to see from the test data that student outcomes are dropping even lower than they had been in recent years [which weren't good to begin with]."
- California math wars: "We succeeded in delaying common core for 10 years"..."it isn't enough, we have to get rid of common core."
- Jane Robbins -- New A.P. standards "will completely usurp" state level standards "including in Texas."
- "You can push back against this, this is not a fait accompli."
- "Texas may be the best place to start."
- "We need to have a state that stands up to the federal government and says 'keep your money'."
- Glyn Wright -- "Common Core has become a litmus test."
- "We welcome more governors."
- Cathy Adams -- "CSCOPE is the same as common core."
- Bill Zedler -- "Common core doesn't work" and "we can't afford it in this state"
- "You're going to have to choose between the federal dollars and the state."
- Alice Linahan -- Local school boards are "our last line of defense."