"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan."
Ft. Worth, TX -- Representative Scott Turner spoke about his background and upcoming speakers race a few hours ago at the RPT Convention:
[Note: There are some technical issues on the video between 1:30 and 2:30, you can skip over them]
- Grew up in Richardson, TX
- Told his Mom at age 10: "One day I'm going to play in the NFL." Got his break at 23. His lesson: "13 years of preparation for 4.24 seconds."
- Wanted to quit his dishwashing job after the first dinner rush, his father's reply: "You'll never quit now, you'll never quit never."
- "From that day forward, I was 15 I'm 42 now, I've never quit anything in my life."
- "I'm not a quitter."
- Didn't get invited to the NFL combine.
- "I didn't listen to what the naysayers said."
- "We gotta keep on running."
- Interned with (former U.S. Congressman) Duncan Hunter during his time in the NFL.
- "Texas today is in a great spot...but my question is, is that good enough?!?"
- Plugged Right on Crime.
- "What about getting rid of the Margins Tax?!?"