"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
- "Thanks to my friend Tim Dunn."
- "Thanks to Governor Perry for his public and private support."
- "Governor Perry has stood up to withering attacks so an unpaid volunteer could carry out his oath of office to all Texas.....Relentless pressure, most of which has never been reported."
- "Thanks to Dan Patrick!"
- "No amount of pressure from politicians in Austin will change me."\
- UT system is the second largest employer in the state.
- "Opacity at every turn, annoyance with every question, delay and obfuscation with every answer (when I received answers at all)."
- "Threats from legislators...that I would be, quote, taken to the woodshed."
- Straus: "I do not care if Wallace Hall swings from a Tree."
- Straus never threatened Hall personally.
- Instead, threatened DPS investigation.
- Legislators texting Regents during board meetings.
- Impeachment committee now monitoring his communications.
- "How Governor Abbott responds to our U.T. crisis will be telling: Will he reach back to status quo defenders for his next appointees to the Board of Regents, to undo the reforms we have attempted to employ, or will he embrace our efforts to bring important and lasting improvements so desperately needed?!?"