"He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck,
Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy."
It's that time of year:
Here are my personal 2014 #Festivus grievances:
- You spearheaded a 26% spending increase.
- You killed constitutional spending limitations.
- You have promoted political slush funds under the guise of "infrastructure."
- You killed transparency measures for local debt.
- You have failed to move zero-based budgeting for state agencies.
- You have failed to repeal Texas' gross (pun intended) margins tax.
- You intend to hold border funding hostage to unrelated spending next year.
- You failed to support the border surge until a crisis made opposition politically untenable.
- You have attempted to impose Obamacare.
- You have been endorsed by pro-Obamacare liberal special interest groups.
- You have killed School Choice.
- You passed a legislative backdoor for Common Core.
- You failed to let the Texas Lottery expire when you had the chance.
- You abused your office to enable unqualified applicants to attend the University of Texas.
- You publicly stated you do not care if said whistle blower "swings from a tree."
- Your committee chairs are more liberal than Wendy Davis.
- Jason Villalba...need I say more?!?
This list, while incomplete, speaks for itself.
December 23, 2014