"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."
1 Peter 5:8
In preparation for Planned Parenthood's lobby day Texas Right to Life distributed signs saying "FORMER FETUS" for Representatives to display on the doors to their offices. Within 15 minutes of Rep. Jonathan Stickland posting the sign pictured above, Charlie Geren tore it down and was hostile towards Stickland's staff while allegedly defending some vague interpretation of "House rules." We spoke with Rep. Stickland about the incident this afternoon:
- Texas Right to Life brought the signs.
- "I always look for opportunities to show folks back home it wan't just campaign rhetoric."
- "10-12 minutes later, Rep. Geren himself came down from his office, I'm not sure how he knew about it, and ripped our sign down from the front of our office, opened the door, came in, and began to get very, very aggressive with my staff."
- Geren yelled at 18 year old female staffer.
- Geren's office is on the other side of the building.
- Stickland hasn't found a relevant section of the rules.
- Geren: "I don't care, get over it."