"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
First Amendment Tuesday hit it's high-water mark for attendance this session earlier today.
Tony McDonald (Empower Texans):
- Citizen activists are not lobbyists.
- Amendment process
- You can't do it with any bill.
- Prevents Massive "Christmas Tree" bills a. la. D.C.
- Bills have to be limited to one topic.
- Ultimately, the members decide a point of order.
- Members frequently leave legislation pending after a committee hearing; you shouldn't get suspicion until it's been left pending over a week.
- Religious liberty amendment borrows language from Hobby Lobby case.
- Religious liberty involves telling government TO STOP ACTIVITY.
- Jason Villalba dropped religious liberty amendment, Matt Krause picked it up.
- Bill in State Affairs on Marriage tomorrow.
- Texas Association of Business thinks government power should trump religious rights.
- "Apparently, the Texas Association of Business thinks religious liberty is bad for business."
- Recaps toll and marriage rallies.
- "Without marriage, America implodes."
- HB 1745 by Bell, hearing tomorrow.
- American laws for American Courts (ALAC) getting hearing today.
- 10 other states have passed it.
- "A test is valuable, an 'assessment' is devious."
- CWA also supports ALAC.
- ALAC is about protecting women.
- School choice hearing at 9AM Thursday.
- Parental rights restoration
- Protects single parents.
- Grandparents frequently do this in cases of homeschooling.