"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
Several interesting developments at First Amendment Tuesday this morning:
Tony McDonald (Empower Texans):
- You are not a lobbyist.
- There are people in government who want to shut effective people down.
- Bad but not big legislation passes all the time.
- Germaneness -- Can't do mishmashed Christmas tree style bills the way they do it in D.C.
- Byron Cook isn't a communist; communists believe in things!!!
- Showing up makes a difference.
- Communicating with staff is fine (and sometimes better).
- If you have a personal story to tell, you should testify; if you don't, simply registering your position is fine.
- Krause has picked up religious liberty amendment.
- TAB -- Apparently "Religious Liberty is bad for business."
- It's concerning that House state affairs is already hearing bad bills.
- All of RTL's bills have been filed.
- 2 bills on end of life.
- 401 bills on education filed.
- Texas Eagle Forum against all pre-K bills.
- Zerwas is pushing an HPV bill.
- Author's Note: Sounds like too much government action involving too many agencies for a cause that isn't worthwhile in the first place.
- Tebow bill ongoing.
- Parental rights restoration waiting on hearing.