"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."
Pastor Danny Forshee, Great Hills Baptist Church, January, 26 2014:
- A. Why will Jesus come again?!?
- B. What will happen when Jesus comes again?!?
- The Tribulation
- The Antichrist
- The Millennium
- C. How shall we live in light of His coming?!?
- Pastor Danny believes (as do we) that John wrote Revelation in AD 95.
- "The first time He came in humiliation, the next time He comes in EXALTATION!!!"
- "He's coming to JUDGE the World!!!
- "Son of Man" is Jesus' favorite self-designation.
- Evil wins for awhile but Jesus wins in the end!!!
- "Why don't we become" the person at work who's always talking about Jesus?!?
- Hannah and MTV: I thought the Devil wanted me to watch that."
- "If you know Jesus, you're ok."
- "There's coming a day when YOU. WILL. WIN!!!"
- "If you know Him you WIN; if you don't know Him, you will lose EVERYTHING!!!"
- "These things which must SHORTLY take place."
- You have to understand the Old Testament to understand the New.
- IMMEDIACY and URGENCY!!!
- Pride and Arrogance will destroy you if you don't believe these events will happen.
- "What if the Bible's right?!?"
- "What have you got to lose?!?"
- "Is it worth missing HEAVEN over?!?