"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."
2 Timothy 3:12
Ken Paxton spoke at NE Tarrant Tea Party last weekend; it's the biggest update we've heard from him in awhile:
- "If you are running statewide and you don't win Tarrant County, you don't get elected."
- None of the newspapers supported his AG campaign, so it's not surprising they're attacking him now."
- "Sometimes your biggest challenge is not the Democratic [sic] party, it's people in our own party."
- "The reality is, when you go down to Austin and you're going to stick to your conservative principles, there are those in our own party oftentimes who find that too enlightening for them because they have their own path they want to take."
- State bar is investigating his law license.
- 4 issues on which AG's office is focusing:
- Law enforcement.
- Religious Liberty
- Tenth Amendment
- Started Human Trafficking unit this past January.
- HB 2 was successful at 5th Circuit.
- Sued Obama admin. 9 times since taking office.
- Amnesty - We won at the 5th circuity, so we win with a tie.
- "If the Supreme Court tells us President Obama can change the law, Congress is irrelevant."
- "If you're reading stuff about me in the paper, please don't believe it."