“And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—"
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. July, 20 2014:
The Lukewarm Church, Part 1 - Dr. Danny Forshee - July 20, 2014 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- Identification (v. 14):
A/ The Church at Laodecia
B. The City of Laodecia
i. Very, Very Wealthy.
i. The Amen
ii. The Faithful and True Witness
iii. The beginning of the creation of God.
- Examination (vv. 15-17):
- The Bible says there will come a time when Russia is strong and Israel is in their homeland and it certainly looks like things are moving in that direction today.
- Atheists always seems to hate the God they say they don't believe in.
- Jesus wins and He wins through Love.
- "If I were you, I'd get to know Him quick."
- The Church at Laodecia is like a lot of American Churches.
- Jesus wants to vomit them out of His mouth.
- Apatheism -- You don't care if God exists or not.
- Jesus Christ did not die on a cross and rise from the dead to fill heaven with a bunch of wimps.
- "I don't want to burn out, I don't want to rust out, I want to max out."
- "When the man of God, filled with the spirit of God preaches with the authority of God; God does something!"
- Whatever you do, do not be lukewarm.
- Church at Laodecia was comfortable where they were.
- Jesus is Eternal; there has never been a time when Jesus didn't exist.\
- A hardened, cold-hearted, atheist will often be more open tot he Gospel than a lukewarm psuedo-Christian who thinks he's ok."
- No one is harder to reach for Christ than a psuedo-Christian.
- "I've yet to see someone lose their zeal who shares their faith."