TPPF Policy Orientation panel:
Reclaiming the Tenth Amendment
Mario Loyola (TPPF); Rep. Matt Krause (R - Tarrant County); Rep. Steve Toth (R - Ft. Bend County); Adam Berry (Indiana Gov Mike Pence's office)
- We've already become slaves to blood money from Washington D.C., we're just negotiating price.
- If the federal govt wants to do something unconstitutional in Texas, make them execute and enforce it.
- We've got to stop taking money from the federal government if we want independence.
- The reason he won is that Texans want government by the people, not the special interests.
- "It pains me" that measures that would push back against the Feds can't get a vote in the Texas House
- 15 years ago, Medicaid was 2.5% of the state budget; today its 25%.
- The more $ we spend on Medicaid, the more the Feds send to Texas
- Special interest groups are a lot louder than the general public.
- The progressive and New Deal movement didn't ruin the Constitution for the heck of it; they did it to form cartels that serve as centers of power.
- Textbook Alinsky
- By getting a government official on board, all of a sudden you're safe from anti-trust prosecution.
- You can't have state based cartels in a system of competing states
- Federal government is supposed to have exclusive domain under the enumerated powers, states have everything else.
- The federal government would rather implement their policies through the states than on their own.
- Give the states $$ to bloat their budgets, then they have to do what you say.
- ie. Blackmail
- You HAVE to separate state and federal functions
- Anytime you don't do that, you make the states deputies of the feds.
- 'Coercive federalism' allows states to spend 40% more than they take in.
- Progressives are brilliant at hiding the cost side of their schemes.