[Full Disclosure: Cahnman's Musings is a dues paying member of Central Texas Republican Assembly.]
CTRA sends fantastic instructions on how to act effectively advocate in the HD-50 runoff:
Next Tuesday is the runoff election for the Texas State House of Representatives seat in District 50.
Dr. Mike VanDeWalle is the Republican candidate and he's a solid conservative that we should all be supporting. Celia Israel, his opponent, is the most extreme sort of Democrat.
If you really want to make a difference, there's one proven way - talk to voters in the district.
- Call your friends who live in the district and ask them to vote - either in early voting tomorrow through Friday, or on election day next Tuesday.
- Spend even one hour at the Republican Party of Texas headquarters (1108 Lavaca, Suite 500) helping to staff the phone bank and call voters in the district. Please contact Ben McPhaul at 512-879-4062 to sign up for a time slot to volunteer.
- Spend any time you can block walking with the campaign. You can reach them at www.drmikefortexas.com to get details and make arrangements.
Early voting is tomorrow through Friday from 7am - 7pm at:
- And of course, if you live in HD 50, vote!
1. Randall's Grocery Store at U.S. 183 and Braker Lane
2. County tax office -Pflugerville location: 15822 Foothills Farm Loop, Pflugerville
3. Travis County Airport Blvd Offices: 5501 Airport Blvd, Austin
Travis County is also offering mobile voting locations during early voting. Their list of mobile voting locations is here.
Election Day voting locations are listed here.
Mike has been walking the district nonstop for weeks, and doing all of the other hard work needed to win this race. He needs our help and he needs it right now. This week. Please do what you can.
Read our endorsement post for Dr. Mike here; volunteer for the campaign here; donate here.