Hear this, you who trample the needy
and do away with the poor of the land,
“When will the New Moon be over
that we may sell grain,
and the Sabbath be ended
that we may market wheat?”—
skimping on the measure,
boosting the price
and cheating with dishonest scales,
buying the poor with silver
and the needy for a pair of sandals,
selling even the sweepings with the wheat.
Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne stopped by Glenn's studio last week to discuss what's coming in the next decade:
- "Wall St. doesn't like you at all."
- In recent decades, Wall St. has gotten Washington "under it's thumb."
- "That's where republics go to die."
- The S.E.C. has no teeth and should be moved into the Department of Justice.
- Orange jumpsuits are the only thing that scares Wall St.
- "BITCOIN presents a real opportunity because you get to check out of the whole Federal Reserve system."
- The next disruptive technology is a BITCOIN version of the stock market.