"You shall not remove your neighbor’s landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess."
Earlier this afternoon, Governor Perry held a press conference to announce the next step in addressing the border crisis:
- Governor Perry -- The plight of these unaccompanied alien children has captured the national attention
- Still only 20%.
- "I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor; we are too good a country for that to occur."
- Steve McCraw, Texas DPS -- Troops will be 'seamlessly integrated' into DPS plan
- Designed to deter criminal entry between ports of entry.
- Major Gen. John Nichlols -- Over the next 30 days will mobilize the national guard.
- Force Multiplier for DPS.
- Already helping border patrol.
- Dewhurst -- Who cares what he said?!?
- General Abbott -- This is BOTH a humanitarian and a public safety crisis.
- More that a dozen AG staff already assisting.
- Texans are willing to put the boots on the ground, but we expect Washington to pay the bill.
Update: Breitbart Texas has more here.