"and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,"
Today is the deadline for worthwhile bills to move in the legislature; on that note, First Amendment Tuesday this morning detailed the bills stuck behind an absolutely AWFUL "Ethics" bill.
Tony McDonald (Empower Texans) (Partial):
- SB 19, by Byron Cook, would prohibit Churches from passing collection plates.
- American laws for American courts is dead.
- Debbie Riddle was an initial sponsor of ALAC.
- 1/3 of the adoption agencies in Texas are faith based.
- TLO is one of the best uses of our tax dollars.
- SB 313 (Seliger) -- AWFUL bill would re-write TEKS.
- HB 2811 (Huberty) also viable
- SB 1200 -- Larry Taylor has a bill that would undermine State Board of Education.
- "If the foundations are destroyed...."
- SB 9 is TERRIBLE now; worse than doing nothing.
- The left is radically opposed to religious freedom.
- Anything on religious liberty is "Indiana-style."
- SB 206 -- Amendment by Scott Sanford.
- SB 19 is a threat to everyone.
- SB 575:
- Would have originally banned abortion coverage under Obamacare, Private Insurance, and State Employee Plans.
- Byron Cook delayed it then gutted it.
- TxRTL was offered a deal on SB 575 for pulling amendments on Sunset Bills
- Debbie Riddle and Patricia Harless voted no.
- Sarah Davis and Patrica Harless were trying to break Quorum.
- SB 575 will only hit the floor at 11:50 pm (if at all).
- HB 3994 is a GREAT bill.