"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Yesterday, during the Texas Senate's State Affairs committee's hearing on the watered down licensed open carry bill, the individual members of Moms Demand Action delivered testimony that had clearly been written out by others before hand. It could have been a drinking game. See more below:
- Good afternoon; My name is "X" and I'm a supporter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
- I want to thank the committee chairs and the committee members who have treated us with respect and decorum throughout the session.
- I want you to know that, whether or not this bill passes, thousands of Moms and I will be organizing in our communities and we'll be back here in the interim and next session.
- I oppose open carry because it is a bad policy that doesn't solve any existing problems.
- It panders to dangerous and extreme element.
- It is opposed overwhelmingly by law enforcement officials across this state.
- I understand this legislative body is considering adding campus carry as an amendment.
- All major stakeholders on university campuses oppose campus carry.
- Author's Note: Who cares?!?