"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan."
Five conservative Reps recapped the session at the NE Tarrant Tea Party last week:
- Klick - Worked on advance directives bill.
- Krause - Floor amendment on judicial bypass.
- Decriminalization commission.
- Tinderholt - Human trafficking amendment on Border Security bill.
- Killed texting while driving ban!!!
- Senate pushed some of his stuff through.
- Rinaldi - Better than previous sessions, but that's not saying much.
- Conservative Senate and Lite Gov was key.
- Modest progress on border.
- Good budget.
- No raid on RDF.
- Modest progress on taxes.
- Decent progress on pro-life.
- Passed watered down campus carry bill.
- Stripped authority from Travis Cty. DA.
- Killed a lot of terrible legislation.
- Stickland - Knocked 48 bills off local and consent.
- "I never thought I would vote for a budget."
- HB 13 -- Joe Pickett killed his own bill to preserve Red-light cameras.
- "We didn't address illegal immigration at all."
- Byron Cook killed pro-life bill, hijacked ethics bill.
- Am. Laws for Am. Courts: "Should have been a slam dunk."
- Constitutional carry never got a hearing.
- "Every single inch we got we fought for tooth and nail."
- House leadership micromanaged process to run out of time.