"So then each of us shall give account of himself to God."
Senator Brian Birdwell spoke to the Texas Republican Assembly's convention this afternoon:
- His district extends into Tarrant County.
- Lege produced a decent budget.
- 40-50% of the businesses that used to pay the margins tax will no longer be liable.
- Long talk about the border
- "Transportation" as a smokescreen for trains instead of roads.
- TxDOT needs to be on a tighter leash.
- Transportation used to be 30% of the budget but it's been crowded out by Medicaid.
- Caught a lot of flack over pre-K
- Senate deferred to the Governor on UT nominations.
- No bad enough smoking gun to justify going against Gov.
- Abbott's nominees: "Wouldn't have been my choice."
- 10th amendment is the Feds job.