- The Paulene Kael line about not knowing anyone who voted for Nixon is still true.
- They think we're a bunch of cousin-marrying hicks.
- The onus is on those of us who know the truth about Texas to put out the truth.
- Reporters frequently don't understand the policy issues they're covering.
Pop Culture is VERY political:
- Look at the coverage of Fluke and the perception of Mitt Romney would ban birth control.
- Me: The under-30 set hasn't ever been exposed to conservatism, but they've been watching MTV their entire life.
- We cannot count on the new generation of reporters to have the cultural chops to cover the issues that will be prominent over the next decade.
- The vast majority of Americans engage in politics in the context of problems right in front of people's faces.
- Conservative media assumes the people reading us have far more knowledge than we think they do.
Moral arguments, moral arguments, moral arguments.